Question
Posted by: jnet | 2009/04/09

husband in severe pain

wish i could find a real Dr House !! Please tell me if you can shed any light on the following - tuesday he came home in great pain on coughing nearly passed out and severe heart burn .so sore doc sent him for xray of kidneys - no stones found. anti-biotics , anti inlammatory , pain meds buscopan and synap forte. Wed lots of pain in the night he was very sore. called doc thurs sent for sonar of abdomen to look at gall bladder,pancreas,kidney,liver and chest xray all nothing. xray said left lung thickening present but pain is right hand back. heart burn still hectic.pain becomes very severe when cough or sneeze. more meds as he has a fever now too so brufen retard and cortisone 80mg x2 daily for 2 days then 1 twice a day for 3 days. meds for heartburn. what can this be and he is so sick now doc says nothing showing up ??? pls help thx

Dear Jnet
Another thing one should look for is an acute peptic ulcer, or pancreatitis. Remember that sometimes finding the cause of an illness is like building a puzzle, one sometimes need quite a few pieces before the picture becomes clear. Keep your Doctor informed of his progress, so that if he deteriorates, he can consider referring him to a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy to check for a peptic ulcer and that other blood tests can be drawn to exclude other possible causes like pancreatitis. His urine also needs to be checked if it hasn't been already. Any disease that irritates the diaphragm (in the chest or in the abdomen) can cause pain with coughing and pain in the shoulders.
Let me know how it goes?

2
Posted by: jnet | 2009/04/14

Reply to jnet
Posted by: jnet | 2009/04/11

Thank you Dr Bets urine was tested high levels of blood in the urine hence the thought pattern of a kidney stone but nothing came up on the sonar or xray. have an app with a physician on 15/4/09 but he is not looking or feeling good at all an the meds seem to hod it for a while an then all starts again. thank you will let you know and if you think of anything further please let me know thx

Reply to jnet