Question
Posted by: Just me | 2010/09/20

Husband has no friends

Hi CS

My husband has no friends... litterally. I was reminded of this last night when I was looking for a message I had sent him and saw that there are absolutely no message from anybody other than me and his mother to his phone.

He hates going out and dispises having to go to anything with my friends. He normally worms out of it anyway.

He sit in front of his PC and plays games every day, all day. He is not even involved in the family.

What''s wrong with him. I have tried to take him to a shrink, but to no avail.... what can I do?

A central question is : Is he content to be this way ? SOme of us are loners and largelty content with being that way, just as some of us are party people. Would he WANT more friends and activities with others ? If so, maybe he has social anciety disorder or just plain shyness, and CBT or similar therapy could help him to be less inhibited and more free to emjoy friendships and the company of others. But if he is content to be like this ( and presmably this is the guy you loved and married ) would it be fair to push him to change, so as to match the expectations of others ?

3
Posted by: Me think | 2010/09/20

Maybe he deletes the messages and only leave urs and his mothers. And are u sure he only plays games on a pc, there might be something more exciting that he is watching on the pc than games!

Reply to Me think
Posted by: ha | 2010/09/20

whats wrong with you? why did you marry him?

Reply to ha