Posted by: Lilly | 2012-08-30

husband has genital warts

My husband has just dicovered he has genital warts. We think its from his previous sexual partner. We have been together for 3,5 years. I am really worried of all the implications, today we will find out which strain and if its a high res cancer related one. What can I do? i had a regular pap smear 6 months ag owhich was clear I belive you can still get it using acondom ia skin. Do you only get it when there is anoutbreak/ can see wart? I am really scared and dont knowwhat to do. I love my husband and our 2 year old more than anything.
regards, Lilly

You are at risk for getting HPV, even with condom use. All you can do is have regular pap smears. Your husband should be treated and you should avoid sex till this has happened.