Posted by: Debbs | 2011-08-15

Husband hard at doc

I went with my husband to the doctor, and when he examined my husbands penis, it got erect. Now I have heard of boys getting erect when a nurse examines them, but a man getting erect when another man handles his penis is a concern for me, he tells me its like me getting a nipple stand during a breast examination, but its not at all the same, an erection is from arousel, where as a nipple stand is from cold or touch, and not necessarily arousel. Please tell me the facts. Can a man get turned on by another man??????

Dear Debbs,

The penis has its own generous supply of nerves and bloodvessels. A vast array of physical and psychological stimulation can result in an erection response. It is completely possible that a man's penis can have an erection response during a physical examination from the stimulation of touch, notwithstanding the gender of the person examining them.

To answer your question "can a man get turned on by another man??????"; the answer is yes a man can.

You must not confuse the two seperate issues that make up your posting though. So if you are asking whether the fact that your husband had an erection response to his physical examination is conclusive evidence that he is attracted to men and possibly homosexual? The answer would be no.

Posted by: Gary | 2011-08-16

Debbs I think you still do not get it. As the doc explained erection can be triggered by many things, not just arousal. Any stimulation could cause erections. If anything, it shows that your husband is healthy and verile. But you would not understand it as you are not a man. Did you know for example, that many men get erections from friction alone. Sometimes wearing pants that rubs against the penis while you sit or walk, can cause " embarassing"  unplanned erections. i frequently get them sitting at my desk too sometimes. It has NOTHING to do with arousal at all. Now stop making issues of something that is no issue at all, and relax. I am sure it was extremely embarassing for him, becuase he probably had no control over it at all.

Reply to Gary
Posted by: Debbs | 2011-08-16

Billy we always go everywhere together, as we farm far from town, and go to JHB every year for all our physicals etc, but he refuses to come into the gynae exam room, as it freaks him out that another man sees me naked, but I have nothing to hide, and it would not bother me at all if he wanted to come in, because I know he wont see me getting all sexually aroused, maybe just a little nipple stand in the breast exam, but it is no turn on for me, that I can assure you of, and my gynae is a man, my concern was not the arousel, I would understand if it was a female doctor, but not a male

Reply to Debbs
Posted by: billy | 2011-08-16

Poor husband, he must have felt embrassed, you watching over the docters shoulder, next time let he go alone. Does he go with you and watch over your gynae shoulder.

Reply to billy
Posted by: jack | 2011-08-15

That is nothing to get a hard on when examin, wait till he goes for a prostate exam, when the docter is rubbing his prostate to feel for lumps he can ejaculate. So dont brake youir head over nothing, it is normal.

Reply to jack
Posted by: Debbs | 2011-08-15

he obviously never ejaculated, the examination was not that long, but he had a full on erection, which to me shows sexual arousel, and it was hard until he got dressed. The doc never commented, we all just kept quiet, like nothing was wrong, but for me its a concern. I have had many gynae appointments, and cant think of ever getting so aroused.

Reply to Debbs
Posted by: Manwood | 2011-08-15

I suppose this can happen and is nothing to be concerned about. If he ejaculated then you would have reason to be concerned.

Reply to Manwood