Question

Husband can''t give or accept gifts

I am so upset with my husband. We have relationship problems, one of which is the fact that although he knows how important it is to me, he hardly ever gives gifts or does something special for on the special day (Valentine, Mothers Day, birthday, Christmas). Yet, he is very quick to do these things for his parents. It is his brithday today, and bought him 2 lovely gifts plys some special chocolates he loves. He already told the kids last night they could have his chocolate (he saw it in my handbag) and then this morning he was like ''oh, I already have that'' for the one gift, and said he couldn''t accept the other gift (it was a gadget that he had previously lost). I was in tears! What is it with him??

That he can and does remember these ocasions and provide gifts for his parents, shows that he is fully aware of the occasions and the appropriateness of gift-giving, but for some odd reasons doesn't apply this to you. And for him to be so ungracious and downright rude about your gifts to him, is simply very bad manners and mean.
I'd stop giving him any gifts at all ( if he asks, you can say "I thought you didn't think such things were important, as you don't seem to do it for me, and I always seem to get it wrong when I try to guess what you'd want, anyway".
Probably part of a larger picture of the relationship problems - ask him, as a combined Mothers Day, Valentines and Birthday gift for you this year, to agree to sponsor and join you in marriage counselling. That's truly the gift that keeps on giving

1