Question
Posted by: StepMom | 2013/02/22

Q.

Husband cannot say no EVER!

Who can I book for my husband to go and see. He can never ever say no only to me and his kids. He borrows money, tools, his time everything to everyone except us who need him most.

His parents, his sisters, his collegues, his friends. He can never say no. He hardly spends time with us coz if a buddy says let''s go or do tjis or his mom needs something fixed. I can go on and on.

I need to take him to see someone that can teach him the word NO.

Please help me I am about to divorce him! We have so many needs yet people ow him so much money and he will even give more and not even get ugly with them. Yes everyone jokes and says shit won''t he lend me some. But to us who need it and should be supported by it its no joke.

He is old school. His money is his so I can''t take it or anything like that

He will always be the one eople will call when they break doen or are arrested 4 drunk driving ect

Expert's Reply

A.

Well, at least we know he won't refuse the appointment when you make it !
Maybe he feels insecure about himself, feels he HAS to do these things for other people, to buy their love, but somehow feels sure enough of the love of you and the children to assume you'll love him without him needing to earn it ? Sounds like many other people consider him a sucker, who they can borrow money from without needing to bother to pay it back.
The best bet, at least to start with, would be to insist that he see a good mariage counsellor WITH you, to focus on these issues, which he needs to realize impact negatively on you and his kids.

Want to comment?