Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/07/23

Husband Bipolar, no intimacy

We have been together for 9 years and married for 3, husbnd was diagnosed with Bipolar I just after our wedding.
We have not been intimate for the last 2 years. My husband says it' s not me.
What do we do?

Dear Worried
Is your husband on medication? Many of the medicines used for bipolar causes impotence or premature ejaculation or a total loss of libido. If this is a concern for both of you you may need to discuss this with his psychiatrist as there are some medications ( like Wellbutrin) that does not have these side effects and they may need to review his current medication.