Question
Posted by: MamaChalla | 2010-07-18

Husband, Baby, Post Natal Depression?

I do not know what to do anymore....

Background : My Baby is 3 months old. Husband distant and moody since after we found out we were pregnant. We stuggled to get pregnant.

My husband is just moody and not affectionate. It feels like I am living with a stranger or just a very moody housemate, who ONLY talks to the children (we have a son who is 3 years)

I just do not know what to do anymore : We did not have any intercourse during the pregnancy, because I had a lot of complications... I iniciated intercouse, but afterwards he was more moody that ever!

I also feel depressed and down. I am fine when I am with the baby and my son, but once alone, I feel like I can just cry and cry and cry! I also do not have any Libido?

I am talking very " deurmekaar" , but this is how I feel.

When I am with other people or talking with other people, I am " pretend happy" , but I am not!

I also put in a Mirena a month ago, which my husband was not very happy about. He wants more children, but I just do not want any more!

It seems that my husband and I are not on the same wave lenght anymore and I just do not know what to do to make him and myself happy anymore!

He is happy and chatty with the children............sometimes I which I was one of the children, then at least he would love me.

I tried to talk to him a while back and explaint to him how neglected I feel, but still no emotions from him.

What can I do? I feel like I can pack my bags and leave, but I can not take the children away from him.......

Please help!

Was he always moody, distant and not affectionate, or are these very different from how he used to be ? Has he changed ? Or have you changed in terms of not being able to continue to accept the way he has usually been ? Has he perhaps developed a depression ? And it sounds as though you may also have been bcoming Depressed.
Marriage counselling could help, and maybe you each need to see a shrink or at least a really good GP for an assessment including the issue of possible depression, which could respond really well to treatment.

2
Posted by: qwerty | 2010-07-19

Please read my response to " RE: 1037 Unappreciated and husband doesn''t get it" .

The woman in the book I refer to in my previous comment, was on the verge of taking her children and leaving her husband, too. It''s food for thought!!

Thinking of you in your difficult time....

Reply to qwerty