Posted by: Me | 2008-12-08

Husband and his cell phone

My husband' s cell phone broke a month or two ago, he hasnt been in a hurry to fix it. Its off over weekends and when he gets home from work during the week, because its " broken" , but during working hours and when we are not together, the phone is on, bcause it rings when I phone the number, but its supposed to be " broken" . When I ask him why the phone is on at certain times and not other times , he says he put the sim into someones cell phone at work to retrieve his messages. But his cell phone is on when he is out of the office as well, attending meetings.

I feel like my husband is making a complete a**hole out of me, cause he is feeding me stories thinking he is getting away with his lies, but I know he is lying to me. He has gotten mysterious phonecalls on the phone before which he didnt want to answer and we have had previous disagreemenst about his secrecey with his phone, I just feel that continuing to pretend that this is not gping on (which is what Ive been doing) is like lying to myself, because its obvious somethingswrong, why would he want to pretend the stupid phone is broken and its not. I know that the phone is his private thing, but I dont think this is right. What do I do?

C*bershrink is me ! Yesterday afternoon, stuck for a time at a mall, I popped into a Telkom store and logged in to try to respond to some messages while waiting, but couldn't enter via my usual Experts admin area.

Posted by: womenpower | 2008-12-10

Hi I really think you need to follow up on him ,sounds as if he might be cheatin gon you ,that' s why is so secrective hey.sorry and good luck girl

Reply to womenpower
Posted by: ANon | 2008-12-09

Why don' t you check his cell phone for whom has phoned or recived numbers1 Good luck.

Reply to ANon
Posted by: C*bershrink | 2008-12-08

Good, sensible responses all round. You know what needs to be done, and you are not being unreasonable

Reply to C*bershrink
Posted by: ANonnnn | 2008-12-08

Oh yeah, he' s taking the Mickey out of you....

He' s bulsh*tting all the way.

Take immediate action, tell him you are NOT STUPID.

Reply to ANonnnn
Posted by: Just Me | 2008-12-08

Tell him that you want to have a look at the phone to see if you can see what is wrong. Then take his simcard out, put yours in, switch it on and see for yourself if it is broken or not.

Buy him a new phone as a christmas gift. I recently bought a cheap Nokia from Clicks for R300.

Reply to Just Me
Posted by: Meadow | 2008-12-08

Why don' t you buy him a phone? It does not have to be a very expensive gadget. In that way, you will have your mind rest (thats if the secrecy does not continue). Or at least you will know one way or another if there is something as he will have to come up with another excuse. As it is right now, it is really bothering you, and your mind will not rest until you know the truth, and unfortunately, it is not gonna come from himas he is having nice cover right now (thats if there is something fishy to start with).

Reply to Meadow