Posted by: Tina | 2009-09-11

On Wednesday my husband wote a letter to me asking me for a divorce. We married 20+ years. In his letter he accused me of having an affair and said that I must leave quietel, sign divorce papers and he will not expose me to anyone. I knew that I am not having an affair and that there is nothing to expose. So i didnt sign papers. I found out the ffg day (yesterday) that is in fact having an affair with a married lady. He says she is a client but his phone records shows SMS'  s from his phone late in the night and several.
My husband still wants a divorce &  I don'  t.
Is it advisable to contact the husband or should I leave it alone. This is not the first affair he'  s had and previously got away.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Tina,
thanks for sharing your situation.
There is much to be considered here as well as the outcomes but my initial thought would be why would you want to stay with someone who has cheated on you more than once and who tried to trick you into making you the person who is not honest?
Is this really what you want?