Question
Posted by: Sara | 2012-06-04

Husband

Hello, My husband is 36 and he smokes. He has a very physical job carrying heavy geysers etc. He has experienced very bad headaches and lower back pain in the past year. Last week Friday he called me to say he does not feel well. He was nausious, had a headache, very dizzy and spinning head sensations and first his right arm was numb and his hand was trembling and now it''s both arms. I thought maybe he had tickbite fever because he went to the bush about 3 weeks ago. His hands are so bad that he can hardly hold his phone, can''t pick up a cup of coffee and he is also confused in the sense that he will think of something and then forget or change the subject. His one ear is also a bit sore and blocked.

Sara

It is very important that your husband consults a doctor for an examination and blood tests. I think that his symptoms are due to fatigue and severe muscle spasm, related to his physical activities. Severe muscle spasm in he cervical (neck) area, can cause nerve impinchment, affecting the arms and hands. It can also cause severe headaches and all of his other symptoms. The doctor will have to do blood tests, to determine if he is anemic, which can also cause some of his symptoms.