Question
Posted by: Hess | 2011-08-28

Husband

We are in our 50''s. I am not using any contraceptive but are on HRT. We do not only have sex, but now my husband''s foreskin cracks, like it is too dry and that is very painful. When we do have sex, we use condom. Is there a cream that will help? THank you for helping with this difficult situation.

There are afew reasons why your husband coulkd be having the cracks .
1 . Lubrication with a water based gel before penetration will assist if the vagina is dry .
2 Adequate fore play
3 He needs to check that he does not have diabetes as this could be the first presentation
kindly look into all of these
regards

2
Posted by: Pete | 2011-08-29

I have also read some place a while ago - I forget where - that these cracks could also be caused by some kind of fungal infection. Why not speak to a doctor or pharmacist you trust, perhaps he could give you something for it.

Reply to Pete
Posted by: Anon | 2011-08-28

The only solution for your husband is to get circumcised. You do NOT want to use any kind of cream. All the creams are steroid based and at his age will only thin out his foreskin even more and he may crack so bad over time that it will never heal again. Many doctors believe and will tell you that the steroid cream is safe to use. On other parts of the body where the skin is thicker, that may be true. But on the penis, this is a very dangerous situation. Circumcision is the only true cure for this type of problem at his age. Getting circumcised in his 50''s is a lot easier to heal and he will have better results than getting it later in life. I got circumcised as an adult after years of tears happening in my foreskin starting at a very young age. Doctor after doctor prescribed steroid cream that did wonders. Every time it started tearing again, the tears were bigger, more painful and took longer to heal. Having sex was painful at times, and I was forced to wear a condom. Wearing a condom with a foreskin just did not work. The condom came off or tore or got caught between the glans and the foreskin and it was a real chore. Having sex after being circumcised has been wonderful both for my wife and myself. She much prefers the feeling without a foreskin and it did wonders for her getting the BIG O multiple times where she never once was able to before I got circumcised. My experience is way over the top as well. My only regret was not getting circumcised a lot sooner.

Your husband does not want to have to get circumcised in his 60''s or 70''s when the body takes forever to heal. If he gets diabetes, that will be a real problem with healing. Just get it done, its well worth the 3-6 weeks of being very careful and not having sex for the first 2-3 weeks after getting it done, but after that you will both enjoy the benefits of his circumcision . As my wife states, here we are many years later still trying to have make up sex from before I was circumcised.

Good luck!