Posted by: Sue Govender | 2011-03-05

hi doctor,

I am really hoping that you can help me, my husband recently took a blood test for insurance purposes and the blood results showed that his liver is doing too good, sugar and cholostrel is high. the reason for this is the very high stressful job he is in and his high intake of alcohol. he drinks at least 6 to 7 double whiskys in the evenings. I recently i noticed that when he is using his hands to for anything it shakes a lot. i am very worried about him. he is 34 years old. please advise me oh how to get him to slow down on the drinking. I would like to add that he loves drinking alcohol, i have talked to him on numerous occasions but in vain. please help!!

It is imperative that your husband books into an alocohol rehabilitation centre. Unfortunately, this is not enforcable by law and I suggest that you rally all the support of friends and family to whom he might listen. His alocohol intake is severe and he really needs to stop.