Question
Posted by: Me Ma | 2010/10/20

Husband

My husband started takining dormicum prescribed by the doctor due to him working shifts. now with the dormicum he aslo uses syndols and every day drinks granpas for is " headaches'' when i fall ill with flu or have tention headaches he uses my medicines i myself do not like to take medication because i am affraid of getiing addicted to it is he adicated to all this and what should i do. if i talk to him about my concerns he says there is nothing to worry about he is fine.

Expert ImageArchive

IT SOUNDS AS IF YOUR HUSBAND IS IN DENIAL ABOUT HIS SUBSTANCE DEPENDENCE. HE NEEDS TO CONFRONT THIS DENIAL IF HE IS GOING TO MANAGE IT IN A HEALTHY WAY. CONTACT YOUR NEAREST SANCA BRANCH (SOUTH AFRICAN ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE NATIONAL COUNCIL) FOR A LIST OF THE IN-PATIENT AND OUT-PATIENT TREATMENT SERVICES AND INTERVENTIONS CLOSEST TO THE AREA IN WHICH YOU WORK OR RESIDE.

3
Posted by: Homer | 2010/11/16

He surly is addicted.My mom was the same,And in her case she realized it almost to late.Thankfully she is receiving help at this stage and things are looking up again.

Get him to see a profesional,Its for the best...Before its too late..

Reply to Homer
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/10/27

Reply to Addictions expert forum

Reply to Addictions expert forum