Question
Posted by: Annie | 2009/11/03

husband

Hi, I am worried about my husband, he falls asleep so easily, for eg we pray before we go to sleep in bed at night, he will be praying out loud and will fall asleep in mid sentance, this happens almost every night. He can also be sitting on the couch and watching tv and you see his head drop, fallen asleep, in church also (it' s not boring) but I can see his eyes close and I give him a nudge, I drive at night now since the time we almost went off the road because he fell asleep. He does hard work is over weight, pre diabetic, and has high blood pressure, medicated for both the above. He is 36 years old. His uncle also does the same thing to a degree and his gran also did this. What could be wrong, could it be thyroid?

Hallo Annie
Does he snore at night? If so he may have sleep apnoea that causes extreme tiredness. If his blood sugar falls too low with medication it can also cause sleepiness. Please ask your doctor to have a look and if needed refer him to a sleep lab to confirm the diagnosis.
See http://pharmded.com/2009/04/snoring-constant-fatigue-falling-asleep-too-easily/

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Annie

Reply to cyberdoc