Posted by: Helpless | 2009-01-28

Hi there, my husband was dropped on his head when he was 3 months old, and the dr told his mother he will have serious problems because of this. I dont know the full story (his mother is old and cant seem to remember much).
So now i am worried, he gets serious head aches about 2 -3 times a week, every second week. so bad that he just has to sleep. Then afterwards he feels better again. Normally its happens after he hasnt eaten for a while, or of the heat. Is this something we should be worried about? He does not want to go to the dr for this. Please help me !!

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Helpless,

It is highly unlikely that your husband’s accident has anything to do with his headaches. The only way to help him is for him to be properly assessed by headache experts to find out why he is getting the headaches.

If he refuses to get medical attention, then he is just going to have to live with his pain – it is his choice.

Headache sufferers often have a poor Quality of Life due to the constant pain and associated symptoms. For a free assessment of how your headaches are affecting your Quality of Life, click on

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).