Question
Posted by: Grieving mom | 2010/03/23

Hurting

I am a 32 year old mother who currently stays in Pretoria and I just lost my 4 year old son almost 4 weeks ago (complications after surgery). I had thought I was okay and had accepted that he had gone to be with the Lord but it gets heavier and heavier on me each day.

I don''t know who to talk to, I do believe I need some sort of counseling and would like to know of any support group available for grieving mothers in and around Pretoria area.

Please help

The path of grief is varied and often unexpected. There was ( I hope there still is ) in Pretoria a branch of the broader organization the Compassionate Friends, which is a group of parents who have lost children of any and all ages, who provide mutual support and assistance. They could be ideal for you if still in existence. Check them out. Otherwise the Pretoria Hospice, though usually dealing with older folks, should have a social worker and some other counsellors used to helping with friend.

3
Posted by: neels | 2010/03/30

hi,i am from pretoria and lost my 12 year old princess on 16 april 2009,it still hurts as hell and i cannot discribe the feelings i am going through,been mad,been drunk,been helpless nothing takes away the pain,its a daily struggle up to a point but what i have realized is by talking about her and not to shy away thae fact that she is no longer here,bought a caravan and the wife and her sister now 10 years old do the camping thing in her memory and that is also a change we made as well as some lifestyle changes to ease the pain and to keep busy without the constand questions that keeps going through your mind when not being active and kept busy,hope i make sense.

Reply to neels
Posted by: Rick | 2010/03/24

So sad for you, praying helped me deal with loss.

Reply to Rick