Question
Posted by: ano | 2009-07-14

Hurting

i' m 33 &  my b/f &  I broke up 6mths ago after being together 8yrs(long story), we see each other but not regularly. we moved to a small town/community 2yrs ago (we both still living &  working here) and in that time I have only made 1 true friend with whom I could talk to(L), she has made a new friend(S) (too much of the touchy feely type of friend hanging on to you etc..)and I am not seeing as much of her (L)anymore (another long story). I don' t want to leave as I have got a great job, but I am struggling I miss my b/f terribly and want him back, he has been my lover, friend and companion. I am depressed &  cry myself to sleep at night, don' t know what to do....i miss him so bad and the last thing is that I don' t want to go out(as b/f works at the only pub in town, everyone knows me as the ex), so I' m not sure how I' m going to meet people, as I am repulsed by flirting am not in that headspace right now....please help

May I suggest it would be worthwhile, if possible, to see a counsellor and work through these issues properly ? Are there not other ways to go out and meet people, other than the pub ? Church, voluntary groups, school, charities, whatever ? If it i over, it i over, and more pain is caused by hoping for what you know won't happen,

2
Posted by: ano | 2009-07-14

thanks sweety,

I hope it does.....how do you do it? do you want him back or is it completely over.

Reply to ano
Posted by: Me | 2009-07-14

i know how you feel. Can you believe i am also going on 33 and my boyfriend broke up with me 5 months ago after also being together for 8 years.

I hate the way i am feeling.
i also still see him everyday so it makes it so much harder to move on.
there are days that i feel good and than there are days i just feel really down.

so i hope for both of us that things will get better.

Reply to Me