Question
Posted by: JaynE | 2010/02/12

HURT SOMEONE WITHOUT REALISING IT

Someone from my old high school contacted me in June 2008 via Friends Reunited and we have been chatting since then by means of emails. I had been dating someone, but thought that this guy just wanted to be friends which was fine by me. Anyway I broke up with the guy due to interferrance by his children who invited an ex girlfriend on Facebook. He asked me to leave him as a friend on Facebook so that she would think he was still involved with someone. Anyway, only a month ago this old school mate started contacting me more often which I was happy with. But I had forgotten about the Facebook friend - my ex. I do not have access to Facebook via internet on my computer only my cellphone which has been very limiting with editing of my profile so hadn' t done much for quite a while. The old old shool mate suddenly stopped contacting me and I can only think that that was why. I feel so bad. I sent an email asking if he had Facebook and explained my frustrations for the past 2 years at not being able to access Facebook easily and have had no reply. Any suggestions as to how I can rectify the situation. Thanks

I really think one ought to be wary of Facebook "friends" === because anyone can pretend to be anyone or anything online, and because Facebook etc caters for people with the delusion that much of the world is actually interested in what they had for breakfast, its not a good basis for genuine relationships.
If you and the old friend were actually interested in each other - why did this not move to e-mails and phone-calls, and then perhaps an actual meeting ?

3
Posted by: Hmmmm | 2010/02/12

Facebook....is it a right platform to condact relationships? Should one really make relationship decisions based on Facebook activities. I don' t know - maybe it' s because I hate Facebook so much anyway.

Reply to Hmmmm
Posted by: Red | 2010/02/12

Facebook can be so pathetic, people telling the whole world about their business and not to mention getting into trouble by something they " updated" 

Reply to Red