Posted by: Ho ho ho | 2008-12-15

Hurt foot and now in pain.

Good Morning,

I hurt my foot yesterday by accident, knocked it from behind (quite hard) on cement and it immeditely was painfull, but I thought it was because of the small cut. I slowly started battling to work on my foot. And during the night I woke up, and well getting out of bed I realised that I cant walk on my foot as it' s painfull. There is swelling on the back of my foot, above my heel, the worst of the pain is from when I walk or lift it up, the pain comes from the bone that runs behind my foot and leg. Could you suggest as what I might have done?
Thanks for the advice?

Dear Ho ho ho
You could have cracked the heal bone or caused a small tear in the achilles tendon - if it is blue and tender to the touch on the area, you may need to let your doctor have a look to see if x/ray is needed. In the mean time try taking an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen for the pain if you are not allergic to it.