Posted by: Anoni | 2009-07-20

Hungry preggy

Hi Dr

I am 9 weeks pregnant and constantly hungry, Now im not skinny as is (65kgs, 1.61m tall).

I must admit that at least I cannot stand unheatly foods at the moment, nothing fatty, oily, sweet, pastries etc. I also cannot really stand meat or fish at the moment

I prefer fruits, veg and rye breads, yogurts, water etc.

I know that in the first trimester my kj intake should not really increase, but I am sooo hungry all the time, and it does help with the nausea a bit.

Example today I' ve had
Oats (no butter, 1 sugar)
Yogurt (low fat)
Slice of rye bread with cottage cheese
Salad with little bit if pasta, chunks of chicken breast, tomato, cucumber etc
Dried fruit (not too much - about a palm full)
By dinner time I am usually too nauseous or sleepy to eat

Do you think I am setting myself up for excess weight gain? I used to eat about half of this a day, but more unheatly options.

Dear Hungry Preggy
Please see my reply below.