Question
Posted by: Adele | 2009-10-07

Hungry

Good morning, some people say you must eat only when you are feeling hungry and some say you have to eat at least every 2 to 3 hours. I do eat every 2 to 3 hours therefore I never get hungry, is this good or must I only eat when hungry? I am a bit confused..
Thanks for all your help on this site.
God bless

Dear Adele
Don't get confused by all the different advice that other people love giving you. If you eat every 2 to 3 hours and don't get hungry and are healthy then this eating pattern works for you and is healthy. Research has shown that "nibblers" who eat 6 small meals a day consisting of healthy foods, are thinner than "gorgers" who eat 3 large meals a day. By eating every 2-3 hours you are keeping your insulin and blood sugar levels steady which prevents overeating and weight gain.
Stick to what works for you!