Question
Posted by: Abby | 2010/05/25

Hunger, nausea, headache

Hi Doc!

I''ve been having these symptons on and off for months now but have been putting them off. I get this gnawing hunger feeling even after I''ve just eaten and it''s usually accompanied by a kind of car-sick nausea and a slight headache. It''s usually very subtle and doesn''t last very long but every now and then it''s bad enough for me to just want to lie down. If I do go to the doctor, what are the questions I should ask for? Are these combination of symptons specific to any kind illness that I should be tested for?

Regards,
Abby

Hi Abby
A peptic ulcer can sometimes cause these symptoms but you should also ask your doctor to check your fasting blood sugar and fasting insulin levels to exclude hypoglycemia (low blood sugar due to abnormal insulin response)

2
Posted by: Abby | 2010/05/26

Thanks for the advice doc :-)

Reply to Abby
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/25

Hi Abby