Question
Posted by: Sunny | 2009-01-26

Hunch-Back

Hi! Please help Cyberdoc.I' m developing a hunchback &  i would like to know what causes it &  which exercises can i do to make it go away.I' m 29 &  i have a seven month old baby,after giving birth because of all the leaning when i wash my baby,breastfeeding,changing nappies &  picking her up,it has all taken its toll on my back(especially below the neck) &  this is the result.Please help this is driving me insane.

Dear Sunny
Please ask your GP to send you for X/rays of the back - they need to see what the problem is, whether the bones are too thin, (osteoporosis) or whether you have scoliosis. If the spine is healthy, a physiotherapist or a biokineticist can give you exercises to strengthen your back and stomach muscles to prevent bad posture