Posted by: Peno | 2011-05-04

Human Specimen Testing

I would like to know, approximately how long does it take for a human specimen when tested to get the results back.

I am asking because a friend of mine has been accused of sleeping with a three year old baby girl and he claims he did not. They (the family/grandmother) checked the baby immediately they came into the room if he has been penetrated and they confirmed nothing has been done. The following day they took the baby to the doctor who they say he (the doctor) confirmed that the hymen has been broken but could not confirm whether there was a penetration or not.

He has just been been informed that the specimen has been taken to Cape Town to see if there was a penetration or not. I heard they will check the DNA or something.

Please explain to me what is usually the procedure of this test and approximately how long does it take to get the results back as they (the family) told us the results will be back in about 3 months time.

Lastly if it is possible that there was penetration or not if the family did not pick it up and the fact that the doctor could not confirm if the baby was raped or not?

If a small child of this age was raped, there will be sure signs of penetration and bruising and soft tissue tearing will be present in the vagina. The presence of sperm should have been diagnosed by the family doctor on the same day. The DNA test can take 5 to 8 months.