Question
Posted by: joesoap | 2009-01-26

human papilloma virus

Ive contracted human papilloma virus and have now got genital warts. I need to ask 3 questions:
1. Is there a treatment for human papilloma virus?
2. How can i get rid of the warts without seeing a doctor?
3. Will the warts come back after being removed?

Dear Joesoap
Yes, it is treated locally
Unfortunately you have to see a doctor as the treatment involves either freezing them or cauterizing them (under anaesthetic or local anaesthetic, or treatment with special antiviral paint
It may come back, but will probably go away with a series of treatments - it depends on how bad the infection is

2
Posted by: tsengsa | 2009-03-27

If one doctor confirm that you have want ever diesease please, before you conclude your mind, please take some blood to confirm before you kill yourself inside,

in 1999 i visited this doctor and he told me that i have genital warts and is a sexual transmited diesease and chances for me to have a bady is so slim, i was so scrad and and the treatment that he gave me was using was not working,

other day I went to clinic and there gave me letter to go to hosipital because i told them my storie, at hospital i met this Woman Doctor and she check me and sad to me, is only your believe and how do you take it, she gave me anusol and say to me i must try to use it and came back after 1 week for blood test, i use the cream for only two day and that thing went away, even today i can tell you wether i was having Genital Wart OR Pills, please woman dont conclude and let yourself sufer before you went to check up in different doctors and remember GOD is our heller and let him be the last resort, where Doctor ends with you let God continue.

To tel you the truth i have a son he is 9 and health.

Reply to tsengsa
Posted by: Know the feeling | 2009-01-27

Hi joesoap

In December I have also noticed that I have genital warts, I went to a clinic as I do not have medical aid, so they directed me to the provincial hospital to go see a gynae there. I went and the doctor gave me podophylin to put on the warts.
I did as he told me to, put vaseline around the warts so that the podophylin does not touch the rest of my skin and then put the podophylin with a cottonbud onto the warts.
My warts fell off in about 3-4days.
It did reappear on 2 other places about 2 weeks afterwards, but I used the podophylin again and now I dont have any warts that I know of.

I know it is really embarressing to go to the doctor, but its better to do it than to live with genital warts and let it get more.

Of course there is different treatments depending on how many you have and where they are situated. At first the gynae told me to go to let them get burned off, but I was a bit scared and didn' t have much time on my hands to be in the hospital for 3 days, so I went to get a 2nd opinion and told the gynae my time problem and he gave me the podophylin.

Good luck!

Reply to Know the feeling