Posted by: Vaughn | 2009-03-27

Human Growth Hormone

I want some advice on Human Growth Hormone.
I' ve done some research about this and what forms it comes in. All the websites claims that the powder and pill form have no side effects. Is this true?
I' ve read about all the pro' s about this but what are the cons??

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Vaughn

I don’t know how old you are, but HgH is best left for people older than 30 – and usually it is then administered in increased amount the older you are. Don’t mess with your hormones! And if you really insist I recommend you visit your Doctor who will order it from a reputable source and inject you – I presume that he/she will do a blood test first.

It does not really have side-effects other than disturbing your own hormonal levels if they do not need to be increased – they body is clever and given the right nutrition it can make all it needs and that will include the growth hormone level for your age. Recommendation: take glutamine (5g) after your training sessions – it is known to increase growth hormone by as much as 450% - but it will not do so over your own body’s limitations. Take another 5 g on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and a last serving before bedtime.

Take care.

Posted by: Vaughn | 2009-03-29

Dont use my name to mask yours. Your name is not Vaughn

Reply to Vaughn
Posted by: ILJB | 2009-03-27

I have used HGH for 6years. Moreover, I am involved in the scientific aspects of the study of it. Its important to understand that HGH cannot be taken in any form but by subcutaneous injection because of the multi dimensional nature of the receptors in the body.

This means that a script is required and only few products are really available ie Humatrope or Genatropen to mention one or two (stay away from illegal Chinese imports)

These products, whilst developed for the treatment of retarded growth in adolescents have been around 35 years. I am yet to find a study that shows significant " cons"  if taken in the prescribed dosages. Its costly, its not really the best product for Body Builders or Sportsman and is better indicated for middle aged persons who want to roll back the years in a dramatic way.

Hope this helps

Reply to ILJB