Posted by: Steve | 2009-03-05

Human growth hormone

Would you recommend Hgh as an anti aging solution. What are the pros and cons of this.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Steve, thank you for the question.

If you are considering taking the injectable HGH my suggestion is to consult with an endocrinologist who can examine you and take baseline bloods that can be used as a reference point for the future.
The main side effects of taking HGH is low sugar levels, low thyroid hormone levels (lower metabolism), and increased pressure on the brain. These changes are dependent on the dosages chosen and usually subside or normalize after 2 weeks.
Unfortunately, very little data in the form of clinical studies exist on the use of HGH in normal healthy individuals and as such I cannot inform you with 100% surety what the exact advantages are.