Question
Posted by: yelp | 2008/10/17

hulahoop to lose

pls can you tell me, can the hulahoop help me to lose weight around the waist and tummy area? what is a good length of time to carry out and exercise routine?

It's certainly exercise, and maybe part of the weight loss programme, but hula hoop by itself is not going to be enough to lose weight. For one thing, you'd probably need to do it for 45 minutes, which is not only boring, but also a very repetitive motion and one that I wouldn't recommend for that length of time.

Therefore, my advice is that you should probably make this part of the training, but not the focus. 5 to 10 minutes a day might be good, but that's about it. Then you need another form of exercise, and I don't know what access you have to equipment or space that will allow it, but things like cycling, running, swimming, aerobics, taebo are good bets.

I'd look at the Fitness page of this site, click on programmes and then take your pick from what is available there.