Question
Posted by: REDS | 2010/08/16

HUGRY ALL THE TIME

What can I do to stop being hungry all time time. I have breakfast (special K) in the morning at 9am. I am starving by 9:30 sot at about 10am I have fruit, but it doesn''t fill me up, and them I must wait for lunchtime. In the meantime I am going off my head with hunger. Can I have my special K at 9am then a sandwich at
10am and fruit at 11am and have my lunch at 12.30 like left over stew from previous night or pasta and then fruit again at 3pm. What can I eat before dinner time and before I go to bed. I am 60yrs old have osteoarithis in my back and hands - 63.5lg - 1.68 tall. I dont want to put on any weight but I am sick of starving all day.

Dear Reds
It is possible from what you say that you may suffer from an insulin problem and that using a low glycaemic index (GI) diet may help to prevent you feeling hungry all the time. Click on 'Diet and Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. You can contact The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: www.gifoundation.com to obtain more information, including books that explain the principles of the diet. Give a low-GI diet a try to see if you can stop these constant hunger pangs. Low-GI foods keep your blood sugar and insulin levels steady for longer and should prevent the hunger.

2
Posted by: Garfield | 2010/08/16

I''m not a dr. but i know for a fact that Special K is a high GI cereal so it won''t keep u full for long. Why don''t u try jungle oats or egg on low gi toast? may keep u full for longer.

Reply to Garfield

Dear Reds