Posted by: Sophie | 2009-07-18

Hubby' s late nights

We have been married for 14 years. my husband comes home at 4am in the morning most Saturdays. Sometimes he will be smelling of alcohol and cigarrets (he does not smoke). He would say that he was in a bar most of the time. I hate it when he comes late and I tell him all the time but he apologises and says he lost track of time. He is a responsible husband and support me and the kids without problems besides this.
How do you guys feel about this, do you think its ok for a 40 year old man to be frequenting nite clubs until mornings?
I am so tired

Its entirly understandable and reasonable that you would hate this. He must get VERY drunk if he so thoroughly loses track of time --- maybe he needs to set an alarm on his watch of cell-phone, as well as arranging for you to call him, to remind him of the time to come hom, before midnight. And if he is getting that drunk , he's surely not safe to drive hom, at a risk to himself and others. A man of any age with a wife and kids, should not need to spend all night at any night club. Would he consider counselling to sort out where his problem lies ?