Question
Posted by: Tasja | 2011-07-03

Hubby snoring!

I dont know where else to post!Weve been married for 8 years now,and hubby has always snored!Very loudly!!This is a very big problem for me,as i cant sleep properly most nights.Fortunatly in one sence hubby works overseas for the last 3 years and only comes for holidays!So,i get some sleep!!Anyway its been like this since we got married obviosly,and lots of nights i just sits in the lounge like now,cause i cant sleep and lie awake for hours!Telling him to moe to his side doesnt work he snores just as loud.Even the kids are scared and calls me a lot at night!I dont know what to do,i know he cant really help it,i know that!!!He isnt obese,he is just slightly overweight, i think about 10kg!He has a lot of problems with sinus,the medication he gets from our doc doesnt help!!He is very senistive about this,i cant talk to him about it,and i understand this!!In the begininning of our marriage i slept with earplugs,but i cant now,since we have small children!!Please ,can you suggest something to help him stop snoring.Oh he even went to a ENT specialist,and it didnt help!

Tasja

I suggest that your husband gets a second opinion from an ENT specialist. His chronic sinusitis is most probably the cause for his snoring and once the cause for his chronic sinusitis is found and properly treated, his snoring might stop. You should also discuss the possibility of sleep apnea with the specialist.

Refer to the following link regarding snoring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoring

1
Posted by: Karin | 2011-07-06

Just a suggestion........ Have you tried that special pillow they advise on TV?

Reply to Karin