Posted by: Cece | 2012-08-30

Hubby has cancer, im worried about my health

Hi everyone

I have a concern that I need adice for.
My hubby was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer last year, since then hes been for 2 rounds of radiation.

We have taken the necessary precautions with regards to contact like using seperate utensils, keeping distance after the first few days etc. We have only been intimate about a week after his treatments, was this sufficient time? Also we try and use condoms Because im just so scared of the radiation, however on 3 occasions we had sex without a condom and I noticed both times i experienced pelvic pain, getting a bit stronger each time.

Recently i have been spotting in the middle of my cycle ie on the 14th day, slight discharge,,,however this month is lasted for about a week. Does the radiation have anything to do with this? or is it something else completely??

Please help with any feedback, im going crazy with worry about my health on top of the cancer :((

I don't think that having sex when you did would affect you in any way as the result of your husband's radiotherapy. Spotting between cycles suggests a problem with the uterus and you should see your gynae to check this.