Posted by: Sharkey | 2011-01-14

hubby has bad night sweats

Dear Doc, my husband suffers from constant night sweats. It is so bad that the pillow and sheets are soaked, he sweats a lot and it is through out the year, he does not eat very healthy, a typical meat, potatoe and eggs guy. I am worried because our daughter, she is 2 years old, also sweats a lot during sleeps, the same as my husband, even in the winter time he sweats. It as so bad that I sleep with a pillow between us so that I dont get sweat on me. I was wondering if this is normal or is there something genetic as his father has the same problem. No one in their family seems to think it is a problem.

It is advisable to consult a doctor to exclude a pathological cause for their night sweats. It might however just be that they are suffering from hyperhidrosis, which is harmless.