Posted by: wify | 2008-12-09

hi CS, my husband is a very moody man, and it gets under my skin, i used to ask him what' s wrong what can i do to make him feel better, every time his mood swings start but now i am g** fol, i cant stand his mood swings anymore, so i now just ignore him and carry on with my day day to day, i talk to to him like i dont c that he is starting to act up, i love him kiss him and cook him very nice dinners and it works 4 me, cause i' m a much happier woman and i have even gained a little weight.
do u think i' m doing t right, or i' m making things worst 4 me in future?

Nice people like you often tend to assume that if their partner seems miserable, it must be due to something they have done ( or not done ). Its usually not your fault at all, and your tender inquiries may actually worsen the moods. Some people are just moody and difficult ; some have disorders like Bipolar Disorder than causes longer-lasting and more severe mood swings. So in fact you're probably doing the right thing, in not responding to the acting up or irritability as though it was about you --- a little affection and care is as likely as anything to cheer him up, and it makes you happy, which is also important. Good work !

Posted by: Disenchanted | 2009-01-10

Hi there.. I am one of those moody husbands, so I know what it is like on this side of the fence. I am going through a very difficult time and feel depressed, suicidal, happy, sad, angry, numb, energetic, tired, and these emotions come and go with the speed of light (from a smile to crying at the blink of an eye) I am pretty sure that I am bi-polar, but don' t have the funds for medication. It is taking me months to coach my wife into understanding that a simple hug or kiss (even better sex!) or a few tender words work wonders to bring back my self worth rather than fighting with me when I look angry, or feel depressed. I think it goes about making love and not war. I react rather than feel, and I think your hubby has a lot of love to give, but you must give even more KEEP IT UP !!!

Reply to Disenchanted