Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010-08-31

HSG

I am having a HSG done and it turns out that I will be menstruating when the HSG is done. The ladies at my docters office assures me that this is no problem. Should I change my appointment or is it really no problem?

Dear Annie

It would be advisable to rather have an HSG done immediately after your period has stopped and not during the menstrual period as the injection of dye during the menstrual period may cause an endometritis and a pelvic infection and to avoid this it would be better to do this procedure once your period has stopped.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo