Question
Posted by: longlegs | 2009/02/18

HSG

i have been booked in for an HSG and after reading up on it and some feedback from woman that have had it, im a little more than terrified.
I understand the procedure but have been told by some that its not painful atall while others have said you need valium or vicadin and some have been knocked out completely for it.
I understand that this procedure is perfomed by the radiologist not your gynea - are they equipt and trained for this and do they understand the pain of it?
Any information you can give will really help
thanks

As you say, women's experiences are differnt. You can ask for pain relief if you need it. Radiologists are equipped to do the procedure.