Question
Posted by: Lizzie | 2009/03/24

HRT Withdrawal

Hi there. After 5 years on HRT (Activelle), I have decided to stop them and did this about 8 days ago. Initially I felt ok but for the last few days have had a continual low grade headache that is really making me feel awful. Any possibility of this being a withdrawal symptom? If so, should I persist with the withdrawal or go back onto hormones? I' m 48 now and went through menopause at the age of 43.

Dear Lizzie
It could be hormone related, but I think you should just treat it symptomatically and see if it does not clear up. You can't take HRT for ever and it is not recommended longterm anymore.
Dr bets