Question
Posted by: Margaret | 2010/04/25

HRT versus Cancer - should/shouldn''t I?

Hi Doc, Im 54 years old and suffers quite a bit with night sweats and hot flushes. At the moment I take Dr. Vogels night sweats and hot flushes pills - 7 months, it controls it a bitt, I can handle it more or less, but oh, Im so tired of it all!. Should or shouldnt I go onto HRT please? My mother and grandmother had breast cancer. I am in 2 minds whether I should start HRT re all the cancer articles on it. Please advise and thank you very much!

You will have to make that decision. There is a slightly increased chance of breast cancer with HRT and it is weighing up this risk versus quality of life and other advantages such as protection from osteoporosis. Only you can make this decision.

2
Posted by: Anony | 2010/04/28

HRT only has cancerous effect after long term use ie more than 5 years-I have just gone on to it-also have history of breast cancer in family....do it...will change your life......

Reply to Anony