Question
Posted by: Desire | 2009/02/09

HRT TREATMENT

I AM A 46 YR OLD LADY THAT HAD OVARIAN CANCER AT THE AGE OF 27 YRS, TODATE I AM STILL ON HRT ESTROFEM TREATMENT BUT THE HOT FLUSHES AND BAD SLEEPING HABITS AND NIGHT SWEETS ARE BECOMING WORSE, SHOULD I STILL BE TAKING HRT AFTER SO MANY YEARS. I HAVE NOW ASKED MY DOCTOR TO GIVE ME DIXARET/CLONDINE, PLEASE ADVISE URGENTLY VERY WORRIED!!!!!!

Perhaps you need a higher dose of HRT or a different type. There are risks to HRT but it also unpleasant living with severe symptoms.

3
Posted by: ME | 2009/02/12

Sorry I meant this as a question

Reply to ME
Posted by: ME | 2009/02/12

I am 52 years old. My uterus was removed when I was 36.
I used Estrofem for most of the years after that. A year ago blood tests showed that my hormones were very low. My gynae took me off Estrofem and since then I have been getting a Oestriodol Implant every four weeks. What I want to know is if there is not anything else that will work apart from the implant as this is very inconvenient and costly to go every four weeks for an implant.
My libido is also non-existing. My gynae gave me testosterone injections sometime ago, which helped, but it effected my voice and stimulated hair growth on my upper lip which I did not like. Can you recommend anything else?

Reply to ME
Posted by: DESIRE | 2009/02/11

STILL HAVE NO REPLY PLEASE CAN YOU RESPOND URGENTLY

Reply to DESIRE