Posted by: Sandra | 2010-03-21

HRT ? so tired of flushes!

Hi, at the moment I take Dr. Vogels hot flush remedy, and tried all the other over the counter products, which doesnt really help. I get many flushes during the day and at night. Dr. suggested that I use HRT, but my mother had breast cancer and died of servical cancer. Any help or products please? Thanks a million!

Expert ImageNatural health

With aging in the female the hormones progesterone and estrogen decreases. There is a basic formulation that works for most women but in some cases one needs to look at each individual symptoms, blood tests results etc. I would suggest a consult with a homeopath. You can try Progesterone cream (if you are still menstruating from day 12 - 28, if you have stopped your periods then every day). This will help control the progesterone hormone component. Acupuncture has also been known to work well for hot flushes.

Dr Debbie