Question
Posted by: Carla | 2011/07/10

HRT or not?

Hi Doc, I am 55 and get hot flushes again after being on Angeliq for a year which worked well, but I got scared of all the negative talk and stopped it for 4 months now, should I start HRT again, re all the negative talk? The natural stuff doesnt seem to work to well with me. Thank you.

There are both advantages and disadvantages to HRT. Advantages are that it protects against osteoporosis and colon cancer. Disadvantages are a slight increase in the risk of breast cancer. Consider this when you decide whether to start again or not.

1