Posted by: Madi | 2009-04-24

HRT not working for me.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help! I can not take this any more. I am 42 years old and on HRT for the past 10 years. I still get night sweats, I still get terrible hot flushes and I am at my wits end. I am on Angelique for a year now, because it is such a " clever little tablet"  but it is not working for me. I just got my test results back and my Oestradiol count is < 36 and FSH 46.8. I am not sleeping, I am not functioning and I have had it. I can not go anywhere if there isn' t an aircon, I can not put make-up on because I end up looking like a scarecrow 10 minutes later. I had to cut my hair short, because it just sticks to my head and neck. I have picked up 50kg the past 5 years and I don' t snack or eat fatty foods. I am finished. I have not had a hysterectomy, everything just stopped working. PLEASE HELP!!!

You could try a different form of HRT. Effexor often helps in women who cannot take HRT.