Posted by: Susan | 2010-06-13

Hi Doc, thanks for your friendliness and help always, well apprecited! I would like to know if HRT -FEMOSTON-Conti is a BHRT- bioidentical hormone replacement? I read that they are safer than your normal HRT, is it true please? I have been using the above for 2 months, but experienced bleeding quite a bit, shall I carry on for another month to see if it will clear up please? I fell fantastic on it, also the irritating hot flushes a thing of the past, so nice! Thanks again and take care.

If the product has a good effect and your results are satisfactory, you can continue. Unfortunately, the response to such alternative HRT replacement varies from person to person. Not enough studies have been done on these products to really profile their safety.

You can continue but you will need to consult a gynaecologist for an examination, as abnormal bleeding is always a matter of concern. Your doctor should test for thyroid abnormalities, diabetes, as well as anemia. A pelvic ultrasound should also be done to evaluate the uterus and ovaries.