Question
Posted by: nellie | 2012-07-05

HRT and contraception

Dear Doc,

Is there a combination HRT and Contraceptive pill or can I just use a contraceptive pilI (I used Oralcon before going on HRT,Trisequens).

I need both a contraceptive and a pill to combat Menopause symptoms. I find Oralcon better and prefer it to Trisequins, but as soon as I go onto the last week inactive pills, the Menapuase symptoms are back for the duration of inactive pills. Can I skip the interactive pills and go straight onto a new packet?

Please advise.

If you are menopausal then you cannot fall pregnant so you would only ever need one or the other. I'm not sure what symptoms you have if you are not menopausal.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-10