Question
Posted by: maizie | 2011/11/02

HRT

Good day Doc, could y u please advise what I can use for hot flashes etc, I have been on 2 types of HRT for the last 4 years,however I stopped it 2 months ago, due to family on both side having breast cancer and belive HRT increases your risk normally, I have tried memo clove, but it does not help and I really need some help
Many thanks in anticipation

If you don't want to use HRT, you could try Dixarit, provided you do not have high blood pressure or heart disease, or you could try Cipramil.

2
Posted by: Dezi | 2011/11/07

I''m 55yrs and have been diagnosed with menopause. I had a hysterectomy when I was 24, they did not remove my ovaries. There was nothing wrong it was just due to my husband didnt want to go and he didnt want more children. When I was 45 they gave me hormonal implants, I started to pickup weight, I stopped and went on the natural (solal technology) meds. On and off natural and on and off hormones. I used femigel for 4 years as well, also picked up weight. I really dont know what to do. At the moment I''m on Estradot patches 50, my breasts are getting bigger and the weight just doesnt seem to come off. I excercise daily for 1h30. I look what I eat and my thyroid has been checked. Please help me, I''ve always battled with my weight and lost 20 kilo''s, I''n 1, 66 cm and weigh 73kg. Thanks awaiting your answer.

Reply to Dezi