Question
Posted by: Bev | 2011/05/20

HRT

I am a 44 yr old female. I had a hysterectomy about 8 years ago and 3 years after that I had my ovaries removed. I''ve been on HRT for 3 years now, will I have to take HRT for the rest of my life.

The recommendation is 5 years.

2
Posted by: Lorri | 2011/06/22

And what happens after 5 years?, From the experts reply i''m also on HRT and for the age 44-50 yrs i think it''s not safe to use because if we have to use them for 5ys then after those what are we supposed to use? because even for now we are still at risk for breast cancer. So doc what i want to ask is how will it be if i drink the Premarin1,25 maybe 3 times a week to minimise the breast cancer risk since i was previously on Premarin 0,625 and the doctor changed the strength since i was feeling very tired with persistant headache and a recurring bladder infection which the urologist prescribed the vegifem. So my current problem is that i''m afraid to drink these premarin daily because i now have a sharp pain in my left breast and my Gaeno said it is normal i should carry on but now what if its the signs of breast cancer. Pls help im so frustrated and miserable

Reply to Lorri

The recommendation is 5 years.