Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/03/25

HRT

I am 46, went for my yearly tests at my gynae with prememopousal , without any blood test she put me on HRT tablets. I am just very scared to start it because I am epileptic and I have read all the after effects of the tablets , breast cancer, heart attacks ext. What would your advise be?
Thanks Michelle

There are advantages and disadvantages to HRT - the advantages are that it protects against osteoporosis and colon cancer and also rleives symptoms like hot flushes and vaginal dryness. The disadvantage is a small increase in the risk of breast cancer. You will have to decide which risk to go with.

1