Question
Posted by: Antoinette | 2010/09/14

HRT

Doctor, I want to " ween"  myself off HRT, I am just tired of the weight gain, I know I should go to a dr to do this, but I would like to try it on my own please. I read on internet that one should take a tablet every 2nd day for a month, then every 3rd day for a month. Is this correct and may I stop completely then please, or should I continue with another pack, re 1 tablet every 4th day please? Thank you for always being so friendly and helpful, we all appreciate it so much!

Hallo Antoinette
Yes you can gradually reduce the dosage in the manner you described, although I think it would be better to do it under your doctor's supervision, so that he can prescribe alternative medication like Menograine if you get severe hot flushes. (Menograine does not contain hormones)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/14

Hallo Antoinette
dr Bets