Question
Posted by: Anne | 2008/08/20

HRT

I am at the start of Menopaus and although I have read up on HRT' s and alternative medicine to help me cope, I cannot find anywhere that can give me a yes or no answer to weight gain whilst taking HRT' s. I have had problems with my weight my whole life and adopted a healthy eating plan for the past 10 years and I monitor what I eat and don' t and how it is prepared. I really cannot see myself going through weight gain at my age of 48. Please can you answer me yes or no?

HRT does not cause weight gain. However, remember that the metabolic changes in later life, do cause weight gain. The term 'middle age spread' is there for a reason.